Monday, October 6, 2008

Sundt Construction


On the 27th of September, I flew down to Phoenix, AZ for the weekend for an interview with Sundt Construction Inc. They are a pretty large general contractor based out of Tempe, AZ, and they have offices in Arizona, and Southern, CA.

So on the 27th, I got on my plane, and it had been probably 13 years since I'd been on an airplane, and so I was kinda excited to go on it. The only thing I didn't like was that I had a long layover in Denver. But it was ok. The only part of the whole flying thing that I didn't like was that when I was flying back from Phoenix, to Denver, the plane just before take-off, just completely shut down and the power went off. Then it came back on after a little while, and the pilot came on the loud speaker and said that sometimes the planes are like laptop computers, and they just need to be rebooted. Now I don't know about anyone else, but that's not something I want to hear just as we are about to take off. We made it safe and sound though, so I'm over it.

Now, the reason I went down there was for a job interview, which I am happy to say that I got an offer from them. Not my ideal offer, and Jamie really doesn't want to live in Phoenix, so hopefully I get other offers with the other interviews I have, but at least I have a job, worst case scenario. The crazy part of the whole interview was that while I was down there, I started to feel sick. The worst part of it was that during the day of the interview I actually ended up have to rush off to the bathroom twice to throw-up. Even after all that, I was still able to impress them enough to give me an offer.

That is basically what is new with me, so I hope that everyone else is doing wonderfully, and may Heavenly Father bless everyone in there lives.

4 comments:

MK said...

That same thing happened with us on the plane from Cabo to Phoenix. I kept asking my husband if that was normal. So freaky.

That is crazy about you getting sick during the interview. No good! Hopefully your perfect and ideal offer comes through soon!

Jim and Monica McDowell said...

I know it is selfish of me, but I would love to have some friends from back home here with me. It would be awesome if you moved to Phoenix.

Ashley said...

I had given up on you blogging and hadn't checked in a while. I'm glad to see that you are back at it.

I'd love to move to Texas, but I think I'm stuck here in Utah forever.

I hope things work out how you how you hope.

Kara said...

Jamie, it was so fun seeing you at Super Saver today...hopefully, we didn't hold up the line too much from all our gabbing! good luck with the job hunting! I loved living in Tempe, but nothing beats good 'ole NE...